A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London, ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition to lead and fuel the growth of our teams. You will manage a team to find results-oriented candidates who value collaboration and personal growth; and will do so across multiple skill-sets and functions. Reporting to the CEO, this role is full time and based out of our Toronto or London studio.
- Proactive Talent Hunter who creates and evolves efficient and productive talent acquisition strategies
- Utilizing various sourcing avenues, you will be responsible for finding qualified candidates and assisting Hiring Managers with talent mapping for future roles
- Lead all recruitment efforts from beginning to end, develop and implement best practice talent acquisition strategies that enable the sourcing, evaluation, and selection of qualified talent
- Managing all operational processes and practices of our talent acquisition team
- Foster long-term relationships with high-caliber talent
- Engage with potential hires, both passive and active; assessing the risks of hiring
- Create informed hiring strategies through data-driven recruitment by leveraging and evolving key talent acquisition metrics and analytics
- Provide support to all locations through full-cycle recruitment, leaving no stone unturned in researching and sourcing top candidates in the industry
- Partner with the HR team to manage the workforce planning process and collaborating with Hiring Managers to assess future skill requirements
- Partner with the finance team to ensure resource budgets are created and met each fiscal year
- Cultivate relationships with top universities, colleges, and professional groups to ensure we have a lead on recruiting the next generation of talented Vikings
- Be the face of Big Viking Games at recruitment events such as job fairs and develop the employer brand through advertising, promotion and community involvement with recruitment focused local events
- Enable an onboarding process for all employees across the organization to create a superlative candidate experience - from the first introduction to our talent brand through their first year with the organization, working with the Director of HR.
- Lead strategic Talent Acquisition projects and programs, and participate in Human Resources and special projects as required
- 7-10+ years of demonstrated experience executing full-cycle recruiting
- 4+ years of leadership experience within a recruitment focus
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- A digital recruiter with experience using recruitment tools and platforms is required, including ATS’s, paid/free job, social media, and more
- Ability to think outside the box and devise creative recruitment strategies
- You are a multi-tasker, who is able to quickly change course when priorities shift or candidates fall through
- Expert ability with written and oral communication, confident with public speaking and networking
- Experience working in a startup environment and experience with creating/enhancing recruitment procedures and workflows
- A passion to constantly learn and improve, specifically in the technology and entrepreneurship fields
- Incredibly organized and able to juggle multiple objectives
Nice to Haves:
- Preference given to those with experience in a technical recruiting role; must have experience within the tech industry and major bonus points for those with previous gaming experience
- Preference is given to those with an executive search firm or internal executive recruitment experience
- Experience recruiting on a global scale
- Knowledge of immigration visas and working in Canada
- Competitive salary, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks, and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events, and get-togethers.
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.