A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London, ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is looking to grow out our team of Artists with an Intermediate UI Designer If you’re an experienced UI Designer and want to create assets for our Worlds division, you just may be the perfect match for our Viking Horde. Reporting to the Art Production Manager, this role can be based at either of our London, ON or Toronto, ON studios.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Producers, Art Director and Game Designers to develop UI workflow and design.
- Work with wireframes to create mockups and final designs for proper implementation.
- Create frontend user interface, in-game HUD, and additional in-game art.
- Prioritize deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships with your teammates and fellow Vikings.
- Keep up to date with the latest UI design and usability trends and techniques.
The Must Haves:
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in the gaming industry, preference is given to those that have previously worked in the social gaming space.
- Previous experience creating UI assets/animations for mobile games using Adobe Animate (Flash) or equivalent GUI editor and pipeline.
- Graduate from a Design Program such as Graphic Design, Multimedia Design or equivalent experience.
- Skill in creating clean and clear iconography and typography.
- A strong background in graphic design and art fundamentals including excellent colour theory, layout, typography, visual hierarchy and composition skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality UI screens.
- Samples of wireframes and ability to understand the user interactions with screens/games
- Information hierarchy and data visualization samples in UI portfolio.
- Ability to adhere to the established creative direction and perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of mobile and interactive design fundamentals.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A passion for games with an understanding of top grossing mobile gaming products.
The Nice to Haves:
- An understanding/passion for marketing and branding.
- Previously shipped games, ideally mobile.
- An understanding of statistics, analytics and AB testing.
- Familiarity with Agile work environments.
- Clickable Wireframes
- Experience with Axure, Invision or similar
- Experience with HTML
- Competitive salary, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching, and participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies.
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. For More information regarding accessibility, please visit our Accessibility webpage.