A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
We are on the hunt for a 2D Artist/Animator who is able to create game-ready assets for game development for our Flagship products. Reporting to the Art Production Manager, this position is available at our Toronto, ON or London, ON studio to make HTML5 titles for messenger platforms and the open web.
- Create compelling assets including costumes, characters, props, icons, logos, menus, and backgrounds for our games
- Illustrating high-quality 2D vector based assets using a variety of tools and applications
- Create an engaging high-quality 2D animation on style and within design constraints
- Working independently and collaboratively with team members to develop unique assets which fit the style established
- Taking verbal concepts through to final execution of artwork
- Working closely with other artists and animators along with game designers and producers to ship quality games on time and on budget
The Must Haves:
- 3+ years of experience creating 2D game art preferably in the social/mobile gaming space
- 2+ years of 2D animation experience
- B.A. or B.F.A in design, multimedia or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Specifically Animate CC, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Proven track record of creating appealing, high-quality characters, props and environments
- Experience taking features from concept to final in-game art
- Strong background in multiple 2D disciplines
- Understanding of the principles of animation
- Experience creating character animation
- Solid understanding of perspective, composition, character design, colour theory, visual effects and lighting
- Strong knowledge of the game development process
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive
The Nice to Haves:
- F2P game experience
- Experience with photomanipulation
- Experience with Spine animation software
- Experience with rigging 3D character models for animation
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching, and participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies.
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, along with a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.