A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London, ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is looking to add a UI/UX Designer to our Ventures Division (Mobile/Instant Games), who will collaborate with Game Designers and Developers to ship titles! Reporting to the Ventures Producer, this role will be based out of our Toronto, ON studio.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Producers, Art Director and Game Designers to create an effective user experience
- Able to understand feature documentation and GDD and break out the User Interface tasks and scope
- Independently and collaboratively, work with the team in order to develop UI workflow and design
- Create annotated wireframes, clickable wireframes/prototypes, workflow diagrams, mockups and design specifications for proper implementation
- Maintain UX-related documentation as needed throughout the lifecycle of the project
- As a self-motivated individual and triage expert, you will prioritize deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Deliver top quality work while working under tight deadlines
- Foster and maintain effective relationships with your teammates and fellow Vikings
- Orchestrate feedback loops including UI analytics and user testing, and respond to the results to improve on designs
- Ideate on game UI concepts
- Mentor junior artists
The Must Haves:
- A minimum of 4 years working experience in the gaming industry, preference is given to those that have additional experience working in the mobile space previously
- Previous experience creating UI for mobile games
- Strong understanding of mobile and interactive design fundamentals
- Advanced communications and interpersonal skills
- Expert Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Axure and InVision
- A passion for games with a deep understanding of top grossing mobile gaming products
The Nice to Haves:
- An understanding/passion for marketing and branding
- Proficiency in Zbrush, Mudbox or other 3D modelling suites
- Previously shipped games, ideally mobile
- An understanding of statistics, analytics, and AB testing
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching, and participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies.
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.