A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London, ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our Ventures Division (Mobile/Instant Games), who will collaborate on the game design and work with the Product Manager, providing a future strategy for our HTML5 game titles for messenger platforms and the open web. Most importantly, this individual will ensure that the game remains fun for the fans for the long term. Reporting to the Ventures Producer, this position is based out of our Toronto, ON studio.
- Pitch innovative game features that are designed to improve customer acquisition, engagement, virality and/or monetization. Overall, they must be fun!
- Work with engineering and art teams to effectively implement new features and systems
- Design and plan systems, features, mechanics and game content in addition to balancing game pacing and in-game economies to ensure and optimize long-term player retention and monetization
- Model and tune complex game systems
- Provide clear feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes and/or prototypes
- Analyze live data and player feedback to continually optimize the existing game experience
The Must Haves:
- 7+ years game design experience, with preference to those that have social and casual game experience
- 2+ years as a Senior Game Designer
- Experience with game systems design and balancing is a must
- Strong understanding of social gaming, with preference given to those that have worked on multiplayer environments
- Three or more shipped titles under the belt, or have worked on several successful live titles
- Hands on experience mentoring less experienced designers
- Above all, excellent communication skills
- F2P game design experience
The Nice to Haves:
- Enjoy mobile and online games
- Experience using Confluence, Jira, Axure, Invision or other wireframing tools
- Clickable wireframe and low fidelity prototyping experience
- Able to audit and analyze F2P games
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching, and participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies.
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. For More information regarding accessibility, please visit our Accessibility webpage.