A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a Happiness/Office Coordinator at our Toronto, ON studio.
- Start the morning off right by setting up for continental breakfast and brewing copious amounts of coffee! That stuff runs through our veins.
- If you can’t tell, we like food! You’ll be responsible for setting up our group lunches on Fridays. As with any good feast, there is always clean up and dishes needing to be taken care of afterwards.
- Coordinating all Food and beverage orders
- We cannot forget everyone’s favourite 3pm snack time - we will be forever grateful for the cheese platters and s’mores you put together.
- Often times, this office needs a little elbow grease to look its best. You’ll be required to Swiffer floors, clean counters/table tops and general office tidying.
- Here at Big Viking, we are big supporters of team building activities and just general fun, and we’d like your help with that. You’ll be asked to run errands for our monthly Feasts and in-studio events. Also, we’ll ask for your hand in executing various in-studio gatherings such as movie nights, board game nights, etc.
- We are a growing company and always adding new Vikings to our teams, which means we will need your help getting new Vikings settled it and helping them complete any HR paperwork.
- You will also be helping us to book hotel and travel for staff when needed as well as managing the relationship with the property owner and maintenance staff.
- Coordinate social events
- Office supplies and maintenance
- Miscellaneous office troubleshooting
- We also have our own internal currency that allows staff to buy cool things with “Vikoins”. You would be helping our Vikings exchange Vikoins for some awesome stuff!
The Must Haves:
- Previous food serving experience (hotel, restaurant, fast food, or coffee chain, etc) is required
- A strong distaste for clutter and a belief that everything has its proper place in the world
- A valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required
- Comfortable with computers and familiar with the Google Apps suite
The Nice to Haves:
- Previous office management/HR Admin experience is an asset
- It’d be super cool if you were passionate about games!
- Competitive salary, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.