A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
As the User Experience Architect, you are a logical thinker with creative problem-solving skills. You have an understanding of user testing methods, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment. You love to participate in knowledge sharing sessions to help educate and inform internal teams on UX-related topics and trends. You thrive in a collaborative work environment, and are intrinsically-driven.
- Work closely with Producers to identify and document business goals and objectives
- Execute production ready UX flows and annotate wireframes with feedback and approvals within approved timelines
- Provide input on production improvements by understanding and utilizing research and data to define the user experience
- Lead and conduct Heuristic Audits on large scale products and document findings
- Demonstrate design ideas to internal teams through wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes and other interactive representations
- Help define features / functionality and build feature roadmaps using on Game Design Documentation
- Collaborate with internal teams to recommend and produce digital experiences that support the game/feature strategy and meet the need of the user and business
- Ensure solutions support brand objectives, achieve business goals and achieve or exceed defined KPIs
- Collaborate with Game Designers, Product Managers, Art Leads, Producers and UI artists to define and create the player experience
- Support Product Managers and Producers with pre-planning of features for project scope and timeline
- 2-4 years of experience working in a UX-related role
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary certificate in marketing, business analysis, information technology, human factors, visual design or any other UX-related field
- Ability to define and conduct user research exercises, summarizing findings
- Proficiency in creating wireframes and prototypes using Axure RP Pro
- Experience designing tools and mobile/tablet applications
- Ability to create diagrams and user flows
- Intermediate to expert skills in the Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office software, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A portfolio of work showcasing your UX skills, capabilities, and strong sense of user understanding and design
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.