A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is looking for an entry level Accounting Associate to join our finance team. This position is available in our London, ON studio.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable)
- Enter data into computer system using defined computer programs (Sage 300 Online)
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies and investigate questionable data
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements
- Process payroll through ADP Workforce Now
The Must Haves:
- Entry level accounting experience or accounting certificate is required
- Strong competency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail; ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Able to work independently
- Experience with Sage and ADP Workforce Now is an asset
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks, and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events, and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.