A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
As the Director of Production, you will define interactive project and production processes and use emerging technologies to support production best practices and leads multi-level projects. The Director of Production needs to be an inspiring leader with a successful track record of leading teams/studios in a digital or gaming environment. This role drives all production and quality execution in a data driven software development environment with confidence.
- Responsible for production strategy and best practice for the company
- Owns overall project health
- Provide employee training to achieve continuous quality
- Increase staff productivity in a team environment
- Observe & optimise processes while implementing change where necessary
- Scheduling production for maximum efficiency to meet production schedules
- Liaison with executive and first line managers
- Focus on project profitability, and execution excellence
- Risk mitigation and resolution on project crisis
- Managing production resources across multi-disciplinary teams
- Builds strong relationships with all parts of the business to move us in the right direction
- Leadership for all production teams within the BVG organisation
- Overseeing complex digital, content, and experiential projects from pitch to delivery.
- Providing mentorship and guidance project teams.
- Clearly and accurately define project guidelines and risks.
- Audit and assign vendors and suppliers
- Develop budgets and schedules, manage resource allocations.
- Work directly with the leadership team to support company goals and vision
- Create and expand on production best practices.
- Collaborate with leadership team to improve company operation infrastructure
- Management of career growth, for Production team
- Develop, implement and train teams or offices on best practices and new workflow.
- Identify key investments and improvements to creative workflow and infrastructure
- Participate in leadership meetings
- Travel is required
- 10+ years of gaming, digital, agency production or related creative software project experience with a production/PMO focus
- Proven track record for managing large and complex software projects on a variety of distribution platforms
- Experience with various project types across digital production
- Experience managing high-profile clients
- Excellent negotiation experience with both clients and others
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills
- Passion for motivating and inspiring teams to be the best in our industry
- Competitive salaries, RRSP matching program, strong career progression culture
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Many other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.