A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is seeking an experienced Head of Marketing. Our ideal candidate will contribute both hands-on and strategically to cultivate our culture as we continue to grow and scale. This position is based out of our London, ON or Toronto, ON studio.
- Lead the product marketing strategy and corporate marketing strategy for the organization;
- Build and manage the execution of cross-functional marketing plans for all titles, including brand initiatives and consumer insights;
- Be a thought leader on a global scale, representing BVG through speaking at conferences, blogging, writing and innovating;
- Collaborate with senior leadership on the development of product strategies for key genres;
- Develop creative, insightful and effective marketing communications that reach and inspire our players;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our marketing efforts across channels and make recommendations for how we can improve efficiency;
- Select, develop and manage relationships with external creative and strategic resources (e.g., advertising agencies, consultants, etc.);
- Manage and develop BVG’s marketing team in charge of:
- User Acquisition: Performance based marketing on Facebook, Google, Mobile Ad Networks, and YouTube influencers;
- Licensing: Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive partnership management with licensors and with licensees of BVG’s IPs;
- Enhancing the performance of our products through the timely communication of consumer and marketplace insights;
- Market Research: Market studies and business modelling to assess the potential of new games and fine tune the positioning of the products;
- Communication: Corporate and product PR.
- Support player happiness engineers, community, content, virtual goods merchandising and product liveops market research;
- Leading our platform and distribution strategies through broad strategic thinking and analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years experience in marketing roles, especially in online, e-commerce, consumer services, bonus points if you have worked with mobile and interactive entertainment;
- Experience in brand management, ideally from the industries of CPG and/or media;
- Experience driving multiple platform shifts in a fast-growing, rapidly scaling tech organization, ideally in gaming or consumer internet;
- 7+ years experience leading and mentoring creative teams;
- Passion for games;
- Deep knowledge of performance based marketing strategy and tactics;
- MBA preferred.
- Competitive salaries, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies;
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.