A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
As User Experience Strategist, you will think strategically in everything you do. You enjoy defining and owning a product strategy. You are a logical thinker with creative problem-solving skills, and set high quality standards for yourself and aim to get every detail right. You are always curious and learning new techniques, tools, technology and improving skill sets. This position is based in our Toronto, ON studio.
Discover & Analyze
- Understand & articulate user behaviours, needs, motivations and goals
- Work closely with product managers to identify and document business goals and objectives
- Able to create hypothesis and assumptions in order to identify user trends in and out of the product through data or other means
- Conduct Heuristic Audits and document findings for apps, games and other digital products
- Plan & Conduct user research exercises and summarize findings with team support
- Provide input on product improvements by understanding and utilizing research and data to define the user experience.
- Lead reviews and evaluations of existing digital experiences
Create & Develop
- Assess, define and validate user profiles that include tasks, behaviours and demographic considerations
- Help define features/functionality and build feature roadmaps based on Game Design Documentation
- Collaborate with internal teams to recommend and produce digital experiences that support the game/feature strategy and meet the need of the user and business
- Demonstrate ideas to internal teams through diagrams, user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes and other interactive representations
- Able to take direction and execute production ready flows and wireframes within the approved timeline
- Incorporates feedback and rationalizes decisions utilizing data points and research while creating an experience
- Ensure solutions support brand objectives, achieve business goals and achieve or exceed defined KPIs
Participate & Collaborate
- Actively contribute to internal discussions, brainstorms and ideation sessions
- Collaborate with Game Designer, Product Manager, UI Designer, Art Lead, Producer to define and create the player experience for the project
- Able to support PM/Producer with pre-planning of features for project scope and timeline.
- Able to manage, break down larger tasks and help PM/Producer make informed decisions to delegate work.
- Present and rationalize UX recommendations and solutions to the team to collaborate with team and product owners. Input in team and project decisions.
- Participate in knowledge sharing to help educate and inform internal teams on UX-related topics and trends
- 2-4 years of experience working in a UX-related role
- Undergraduate degree or post secondary certificate in marketing, business analysis, information technology, human factors, visual design or any other UX-related field
- Experience defining target audience or personas for mobile/tablet applications
- Experience designing tools and mobile/tablet applications
- Ability to create diagrams and user flows
- Proficiency in creating low-fidelity wireframes and prototypes
- Intermediate to expert skills in the Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office software, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A portfolio of work showcasing your Documentation, UX skills, capabilities, and strong sense of user understanding and design
- Ability to maintain constant and effective communication within multidisciplinary project teams
Nice to haves:
- Professional certification in user experience or usability from Human Factors International, Akendi or similar institution
- E-commerce experience
- Experience in content strategy, content marketing and/or content development process
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including general time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Viking can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.