A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are looking for a Recruiter to support and fuel the growth of our teams. You will find results-oriented candidates who value collaboration and personal growth; and will do so across multiple skill-sets and functions. This role is full time, based out of our Toronto studio.
- Utilizing various sourcing venues, you will be responsible for finding qualified candidates and assisting Hiring Managers with talent mapping for future roles
- Foster long-term relationships with high-calibre talent
- Engage with potential hires, both passive and active
- You are a multi-tasker, who is able to quickly change course when priorities shift or candidates fall through
- Through data-driven recruitment, you will create informed hiring strategies
- Provide support across all locations through full-cycle recruitment, leaving no stone unturned in researching and sourcing top candidates in the industry
- Partner with the HR team to manage the workforce planning process, collaborating with Product Managers to assess future skill requirements
- Cultivate relationships with top universities, colleges, and professional groups to ensure we have a lead on recruiting the next generation of talented Vikings
- Be the face of Big Viking Games at recruitment events such as job fairs and develop the employer brand through advertising, promotion and community involvement with recruitment focused local events
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience executing full-cycle recruiting
- Preference given to those with experience in a technical recruiting role; must have experience within the tech industry and major bonus points for those with previous gaming experience
- Preference will be given to those with executive search firm or internal executive recruitment experience
- A digital recruiter with experience using recruitment tools and platforms is required, including ATS’s, paid/free job, social media, and more
- Expert ability with written and oral communication, confident with public speaking and networking
- A passion to constantly learn and improve, specifically in the technology and entrepreneurship fields
- Incredibly organized and able to juggle multiple objectives
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.