A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are on the lookout for a Producer committed to delivering a quality product to join our YoWorld team on a full-time basis to help manage day-to-day production for new features, content, software, and platform updates. This position is available in our London, Ontario studio.
- Create and manage project plans and production schedule, owning the project management process including daily scrums, Confluence & Jira maintenance, sprint planning, and status & scrum updates
- Gather and consolidate production estimates from the team and identify dependencies, removing barriers if they exist
- Identify and evaluate risks, establishing realistic scope while providing input on fleshing out and prioritizing project requirements
- Facilitate collaboration of the project team and any cross-functional help that is required
- Work closely with the content creation and multidisciplinary teams to understand and deliver against project requirements and specifications
- Act as the point of contact for the team and cross-functional members regarding content development and production issues on the project
- Be accountable to the Senior Producer and stakeholders for execution of day-to-day project management and updates of project plan and status
- 5+ years as a Producer within the gaming industry, with previous experience working on live games preferred
- Confident in knowledge of project management fundamentals, with experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Ability to manage rapid production lifecycles for multiple titles depending on size of projects
- Ability to work with vendors and contractors with little oversight
- Demonstrated exceptional organization, communication and management skills
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- Able to analyze and summarize project status, taking into account all project factors
- Experience documenting meetings and decisions, and communicating them to the team
- Posses a highly analytical thought process
- Competitive salaries, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.