A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for an HR Generalist at our London, ON studio. You will be the Viking to keep all Vikings happy and safe each day!
- Coordinate recruiting tasks such as applicant screens, conduct interviews, create hiring approval documents, etc
- Coordinate and attend school and technology recruitment events
- Onboard new employees with proper HR documentation as well as manage happiness surveys (eNPS)
- Administer BVG’s compensation structure, including annual compensation reviews, compensation structure analysis, etc
- Administer all BVG’s benefits such as health, ESOP, RSP, etc
- Manage relationships with vendors like ADP and JazzHR and be the administrator and main point of contact for these applications and services
- Manage employee performance reviews; assist the management team with scheduling and completing performance reviews as guided, and provide training to management on how to give performance reviews
- Other HR administrative tasks including event planning, HR reporting, training and obtaining funding grants
- 3 or more years experience in a generalist HR role
- Human Resource Management Graduate
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; able to present with a strong business focus to various stakeholders within the company
- Experience with G-Suites and HRIS systems are a requirement
- Expert level experience in excel including experience with advanced excel techniques
Nice to Haves:
- CHRP designation or designation in progress
- Passion for games!
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.