A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer. Our ideal candidate will contribute both hands-on and strategically to cultivate our culture as we continue to grow and scale.
This position is based out of our Toronto, ON studio.
- Provide direction, strategic advice and counsel to the President/CEO to ensure overall achievement of the financial objectives, goals, and strategies for the organization
- Manage, mentor and guide a team consisting of a financial controller and analysts
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Manage cash and liquidity requirements
- Work with the President/CEO to raise private equity and drive additional growth
- Contribute to development of an acquisition strategy, prime execution of any such transactions, and lead any integration processes.
- Oversee all Canadian and Ontario government grant initiatives and remain informed of trends and changes among funders and government entities
- Manage all vendor relationships
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field, or MBA
- 15+ years of progressive financial management experience
- Experience with fund raising from Tier 1 financial partners
- Corp Dev / M&A Experience (Buy side and sell side)
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a CFO or Controller in the tech sector, ideally in gaming / digital entertainment
- Tier-1 investment banking experience a bonus
- CPA designation an asset
- Scale-up experience strongly preferred
- Excellent proven leadership and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and to solve problems
- Highly analytical
- Competitive salaries, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.