A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
As the Art Production Manager, you will be responsible for the concept, management, and execution of all art and animation assets and for the management of our YoWorld art team. You are professional, ethical, creative, and responsible art leader and manager who focuses on people, results, and delivery.
This position is available at our London, ON studio or London applicants preferred.
- Responsible for the execution and quality or art assets and design for all themes and promos from concept, design, production, and delivery.
- Plan, strategize, supervise the process, best practice, and efficiency of the art department.
- Plan, manage, and schedule art assets for themes in collaboration with Marketing, Production, Content and Community.
- Act as liaison to project stakeholders.
- Manage and optimize the workload of creative team members.
- Own performance management of the creative team, including monthly 1-on-1s, performance reviews, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Participate in the recruitment process for new team hires.
- Partner and manage all internal and external business partners, including external vendors.
- Foster best practices, collaboration, and team-oriented attitudes.
- University or College Degree in art, animation, graphic design, or related discipline.
- 7+ years experience of concept art, production art, branding, graphic design, or animation experience in gaming, or art production.
- 3+ years of management experience working within an in-house creative department or other creative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Effective communicator who exemplifies transparency and clarity.
- Innovative, creative and critical thinker who can evaluate and solve problems.
- Strong organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects.
- Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, vision and life / disability benefits
- Competitive salaries including generous time off policies and our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Stocked kitchen, breakfast & hot catered lunches daily! Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Free in-studio registered massage therapy(in London Studio). Viking muscles need love too.
- Lots of other great perks!
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, along with a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.