A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Project Manager to join the team! This individual will be a driving force behind providing effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills to assist with a number of highly visible and critical projects. This role is available as a 1 year contract, and is available at our London, ON studio.
- Guide team organization through sprint planning, daily scrums/stand-ups, sprint/iteration reviews/demos, retrospectives
- Coach team members on the Agile values and principles such as collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency
- Design Phase: Collaborating with the Director of Development to create the project plan detailing timeline and deliverables. Lead the estimating process by driving scope, budget, and timeline
- Build Phase: Manage the development of applications and systems per specifications, timelines, and budgets
- Testing Phase: Ensure that Quality Assurance testing is completed on all projects prior to release
- Support Phase: Manage the support of applications and systems per SLAs and budgets, and ensure deployment schedules are followed
- Facilitate the planning, execution, testing, support of all project activities
- Lead working sessions to define and document project requirements and action items
- Report on team tracking and communicating team progress and metrics to the appropriate audiences
- Support and empower the team to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Manage prioritization and backlog for the development team
- Leverage data to track success, making informed decisions and ranking of priorities
- Build relationships across the organization and communicate effectively at all levels
- Degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of technical project management in a software/services based organization is required
- Strong software development background
- Strong interpersonal skills (including conflict management and negotiation) are required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments, with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, establish priorities, under pressure to meet tight and shifting timelines
- Skilled in developing OKRs, user stories, and at guiding cross-functional teams to ensure all teams are coordinated throughout the development process
Nice to Have:
- Ability to research and explore product and feature opportunities, user experience improvements
- Competitive salaries, strong career progression culture
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Become a Viking
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.