A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources. Our ideal candidate will contribute both hands-on and strategically to cultivate our culture as we continue to grow and scale. This position is based out of our London, ON studio.
- Oversee and Manage all things Human Resources (Recruiting, Performance management, Policies)
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop a solid understanding of the business environment and help growth from talent and culture perspective
- Design and execute exciting initiatives including strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building
- Manage the implementation of key HR processes in close partnership with leaders
- Coach managers and help them drive effective career conversations, develop their teams by educating them on the BVG career framework, tools and provide guidance on career plans/training plans based on individual goals and the goals of the group
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts and have a deep understanding of employment legislation and people best practices
- Manage employee engagement programs and drive culture at the office
- Create an environment that encourages open feedback and employee growth
- 7+ years HR experience in a high growth environment (preferably in a gaming or high-tech organization)
- 5+ years experience as an HR Manager
- University Degree or equivalent experience, CHRP designation a strong asset
- A proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial leadership style
- Strong focus on innovation alongside a solid understanding of the business
- Knowledge of HR legislation and applications along with demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to analyze trends and propose recommendations
- Competitive salaries, RRSP matching program, strong career progression culture
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Many other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.