A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a Senior Software Developer to join our Worlds division at either our London, ON or Toronto, ON studio.
- Write robust, efficient and maintainable backend code in Java, PHP, and occasionally Go
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements and work with MySQL
- Validate basic security concerns in code, such as SQL Injection, XSS, or password hashing
- Pick up new languages quickly and move between projects efficiently
- Ability to do code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Use performance profilers, such as memory analyzers, CPU profilers and network sniffers to improve our existing backend code
- Experience with solving difficult bugs in production, you're not scared to SSH into a live server
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience in game development
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
- Robust knowledge of at least one of the following languages (ideally all of them) Java, PHP, C++ or Go
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, Ansible and Go would be highly beneficial
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.