A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is seeking a Data Analyst to augment the analytics capacity of our data team to provide analysis on players, the games and the business at large. The analyst will be embedded in the data team though will frequently interact with game stakeholders, marketing and finance to deliver reports. This position is offered at either our Toronto, ON or London, ON studio.
- Design, draft and produce reporting and analysis based on specific business requirements for stakeholders using data from our custom analytics environments, web analytics tools, research surveys, and financial databases
- Work with product teams to provide analytical support for game design, development, testing and operations, including player journey and engagement, retention, and marketing
- Work with the data team on pipeline requirements to improve centralization, automation, and reporting
- Create requirements for products to improve their data collection and transmission creating more consistency and accuracy in reporting
- Support marketing and financial analysis including funnel analysis, media campaign performance, and KPI forecasting
- Quality Assurance of charts, reports and metrics generated by the data pipeline and other reporting tools
- Other areas of data-driven reporting, analysis and investigations as required
- 2-3 years’ experience in quantitative or qualitative research preferably in the game’s space
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Analytics or similar
- Proficiency in SQL and other query languages. Experience with ETL tools a plus
- Proficiency in Python or R or other statistics tools
- Experience with data visualization and reporting design
- Solid writing and presentation skills to effectively and concisely convey analysis
- Solid writing and presentation skills to effectively convey requirements
- Able to work with many teams on differing analysis at the same time
- High integrity and ability to work with confidential information
- Able to function in a cross functional role
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in the mobile game industry a major plus
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.