A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London, ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re searching for a highly motivated, creative and strategic Head of Product Management for either our London, ON or Toronto, ON studio to oversee our full range of titles and divisions. With a track record of success in product management, the successful candidate will set the product vision, manage and inspire teams to excel while ensuring quality standards are met. Working alongside our producers, data analysts, game designers and marketing team, this role will set priorities and action plans that are measurable and inspirational.
- Responsible for the full product/game lifecycle and financial performance from writing specifications, working across multi-disciplinary teams (Design, Art, Engineering) to launch core features within our existing games and those in development.
- Demonstrate sound product judgement, ability to define product strategy, set the product vision and present clear/measurable objectives that will drive achievement of business goals.
- Presentation/Pitching of concepts to clients, internal and external for buyin and alignment.
- Lead the career management and mentorship of the team while acting as a pillar of studio leadership.
- Establish, communicate and demonstrate explicit progress towards game product pillars and KPI goals while supporting analytics and features.
- Marry quantitative and qualitative data to define roadmaps in conjunction with team leads.
The Must Haves:
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in consumer web or F2P mobile/social development.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with a proven track record of success.
- Experience in creating new concepts as well as expanding upon existing products for organic growth through the creative use of existing and new platform channels.
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and ability to refine hypotheses/models by investigating user data and iteratively improving metrics.
- Passion for games and creating/enhancing the fun, compelling user experiences.
- Hyper aware of industry competitive landscape and product strategies, with the ability to focus, prioritize and drive success.
- Customer-centric, with an understanding of/curiosity about why players play, and what Big Viking Games should produce to fulfil them.
- Operate and thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment while being resourceful.
The Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in the fast growth, scaled start-up environment is an asset.
- A broad range of experience at top-tier consulting firms, banks, early-stage startups or online product management experience.
- Success with live-ops game management experience is an asset.
- BA / BS Degree in Computer Science and/or other engineering degree. MBA is an asset.
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching, and participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies.
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. For More information regarding accessibility, please visit our Accessibility webpage.