A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a Student Software Developer who thinks, eats, and dreams code and is able to join us on a full-time basis for 8-16 months paid internship. This position is available at either our Toronto or London, ON studio.
What we’ll be paying you to do:
- Help your team design, program, test, optimize, and support an array of web and mobile games. Your projects are your babies!
- Write beautiful, strong code. The stronger the code, the more proud your mentors will be!
- Work collaboratively with fellow Vikings from our art & design teams to bring projects to life that shine, inside & out.
- Help identify system issues, the anticipation of problems, provide estimates, and implement solutions. You’re the Justice League of developers. That’s right. The whole league.
- Engage in code & design reviews and discussions to provide feedback. After all, identifying a problem is the first step to solving it.
- Take on real challenges. We give our co-ops a lot of responsibility because we feel it is the best way to grow. Past co-ops have shipped live products, lead teams, and developed key pieces of the engine.
What we hope you’ll do:
- Build up your coding skills to brag-worthy status
- Take advantage of your colleagues – pick their brains while you’re here. Our Devs range from fresh out of school to 15 years in the business - there’s a lot of knowledge in these walls!
- You must be a current student, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- An insatiable appetite to learn and grow
- The ability to communicate clearly, respectfully and constructively
- You have developed and can show your own projects, belong to Developer Groups, and hack like a champ at Hackathons
- You have an affinity for gaming
- Do you have a GitHub account? Or a portfolio of apps/games you've made? Share it with us, we'd love to see it!
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks, and beverages, along with breakfast and daily lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events, and get-togethers
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.