A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re searching for a highly motivated and creative Senior Product Manager for either our Toronto, ON or London, ON studio to oversee our Worlds Division (YoWorld and FishWorld). With a track record of success in project management, you will manage and inspire teams to excel while ensuring quality standards are met. Working alongside our data analysts, game designers and marketing, you’ll set priorities and action plans that are measurable. If this describes you, drop us a line.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, analyzing competitive landscape, writing specification to designing architecture and roadmap
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics
- Responsible for large product and/or multiple product lines. As the Senior PM you will drive strategy, features specs and work with game teams on defining and realizing the product franchise values
- Measure and analyze game user’s feedback, behaviour and market’s acceptance and report results and recommendations with senior leaders and production teams
- Create/discover new levers, channels and strategies to grow product’s user base on desktop but with mobile experience a bonus
- Identify and analyze best practices for optimization and feature implementation
- Track, analyze and summarize monetization and retention
- Able report up to leadership team with status reports, roadmaps, forecasting and other internal reporting tools
- Work with and drive user and competitive research alongside product marketing team and UX team to uncover user segments and identify player needs and product value propositions for the various audience cohorts
- Assist in refining and evolving brand identity: title, game scenarios and characters
- Help support and define the marketing strategy to create brand awareness and generate traffic and installations including but not limited to PR, promotion and partnership programs, support docs for app stores etc
- You will own all responsibility of identifying and driving product strategy to help achieve BVG business goals
- 7+ years of product management in game/software development
- Strong strategic, creative, and quantitative thinker
- Understanding of free to play games, game economy, and game design
- Ability to create product specifications and data informed product strategy analysis
- Ability to use metrics and qualitative data to create strong product design decisions and forecasts
- Strong people and project management skills and ability to present work to leadership team
- Experience using lean, agile, data driven principles
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
- Strong leadership and management skills
Nice to Haves
- BA / BS degree preferred
- Huge bonus for working on a virtual world title to revitalize a long standing product
- Previous start-up, online entertainment, social networking and/or strategy consulting experience is a strong plus
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies;
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.