A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London, Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re searching for a highly motivated Associate IT Technician to join our London, ON studio IT team to help deliver company-wide support. We are looking for an entry level candidate with a solid foundation for Help Desk support with the ability to learn new systems and technologies.
- Provide 1st-level support by responding to staff inquiries via JIRA Helpdesk tickets;
- Install, configure, and upgrade operating systems and software, using “Best Practices” standards;
- Troubleshoot and solve hardware and software problems;
- Organize your own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines;
- Clearly communicate to all levels of technology users and leadership;
- Able to work independently and take initiative while following instructions with minimal supervision;
- Flexible for after hour rotating support/on call support for all IT operations, as required;
- Software license and hardware asset management.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience supporting a mixed Windows and MacOS environment;
- Experience with computer hardware, software, and peripherals such as laptops, desktops, servers, monitors, network systems, and printers;
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users;
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as JIRA;
- Creative problem solver;
- Keen attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
Nice to Haves:
- University Degree or College Diploma – in a technology or related field.
- Experience with Data Centres & Computer Moves, Active Directory, Slack, Google G Suite, Office 365.
- Strong security knowledge – firewalls, endpoint protection solutions, SSO.
- Competitive salaries, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.