A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re searching for a highly motivated IT Manager to join our Toronto, ON studio to help lead our IT team. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a solid foundation for Help Desk support with the ability to learn new systems and technologies.
- Flexible for after hour support/ on call support for all IT operations as required
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the assigned project(s) from initiation and planning, execution, cut-over, warranty and closure and ensuring high quality delivery with minimal interruption
- Vendor management – including Managed Services partners
- Manage the Service Desk to ensure a high level of customer service
- Sense of ownership and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Own the security login processes – for applications, buildings etc.
- Manage co-location and on premise server room
- Own the support resolution process – ensure that all technical issues are escalated as needed to full resolution
- Implement solutions that will ensure that IT systems operate 24/7
- Software license and hardware asset management
- Manage the infrastructure budget
- Prepare RFPs, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts
- Proven leader with the ability to motivate, resolve issues diplomatically
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work/management experience
- Thrives in collaborating with IT technical (multi-sourcing) and business stakeholders
- Well developed written and presentation skills
- Hands on experience with LANs, WANs, Windows Servers, Virtualization, eSXi, Backup Solutions, Active Directory
- Experience with network and telephone topologies, multi-site, VPNs
Nice to Haves:
- University Degree or College Diploma – in the technology or related field
- Data Centre & Computer Moves, Active Directory Rebuild
- Employ industry standard best practices – ITIL, COBIT
- Strong facilitation skills (excellent communication and negotiation skills with ability to drive consensus and action plans)
- Strong security knowledge – firewalls, endpoint protection solutions, SSO
- Competitive salaries, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.