A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are searching for a highly motivated and creative Product Marketing Manager for either our London, ON or Toronto, ON studio to help market and promote the FishWorld brand - one of our most widely played games. You will be working alongside our Marketing Manager to plan, schedule and execute winning marketing programs and strategies to help drive growth and monetization. With a track record of proven success, you will become the FishWorld brand guru, thoroughly understanding our target audience and pioneering new market growth opportunities.
- You will drive marketing and promotions for FishWorld, a top grossing Facebook game, and collaborate to define and manage the FishWorld brand
- You have the eye for great creative, and the project management chops to manage and develop marketing assets end to end for all relevant marketing campaigns
- Knowing what it takes to successfully market live services games, you will drive user acquisition, retention & engagement for our current and future players
- As an experienced digital marketer, you will plan and execute ongoing marketing activities behind new content updates, sales promotions, and in-game events
- You will also be in charge of analyzing the data behind promotions and campaigns, determining what the successes and failures were, and then making recommendations for future promotions and campaigns based on your analysis
- With an eye toward future growth, you will drive market research to identify new market opportunities, and craft the go-to-market strategies for these new markets
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders across product, art and development teams
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in marketing roles, especially in online, e-commerce, consumer live service. Bonus points if you have worked with mobile and interactive entertainment
- Experience in product marketing, email marketing, & digital marketing strategies
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills
- A drive to innovate and constantly better the product
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A proven track record of collaborating with teams within and outside marketing and working with those teams to bring campaigns from idea to completion
- Passion for games
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic and flexible environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience in marketing mobile or social games highly desired
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing
- Knowledge of SQL or python
- Solid understanding of online advertising platforms & related metrics
Becoming a Viking
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.