A Little About Us: Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a full-time Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to help us in our quest of creating the most fun social and mobile games. As QA Analyst, your primary responsibility is to create and execute test cases for assigned features while communicating issues, risks and test statuses in a timely and detailed manner. You are a key player in helping us provide our fans with the best gaming experiences possible. This position is available at our London, ON and Toronto, ON studios. Occasional travel from the London to Toronto studio will be required from time to time.
- Upstream testing and analysis to prevent bugs from entering the integrated game code.
- Creating, maintaining and executing test plans that test a product from end-to-end
- Ensure that tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the product at all times; understanding how the features and functionality are related and interdependent
- Executing test routines for integration, system, load and performance testing
- Effectively collaborating with team members to achieve the best results
- Be an active participant in the development process accountable for signing off on deliveries and attesting to stability and that they meet all design criteria.
- Properly catalogue priority and severity of issues found during the QA testing process
- Managing and merging approved pull requests via Github
- Creating and deploying builds, complete with build notes, using Jenkins
- 5+ years of experience in a QA environment, testing across web and mobile platforms
- Experience leading QA teams with 2+ projects
- Experience using Jira and Confluence creating and managing bugs and producing reports
- Experience writing Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Run execution
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid Knowledge of SQL and Scripting
- Proven track record with Manual Testing
- Experience using various bug tracking systems and test case management programs
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, in both verbal and written format
- Online environment and mobile testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- A passion for gaming
- Experience testing within the gaming industry
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, and a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.