A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are searching for an experienced Art Director located at either our London, ON or Toronto, ON studio.
- Own, articulate, and evangelize company-wide visual direction
- Lead, inspire, and mentor artists and art leads
- Direct multiple art disciplines to achieve incredible results
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others
- Work closely with game design to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- A minimum of 5 years experience in crafting video game art or 3D feature film animation, concept/production art
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Lead Artist or Art Director
- A natural leader, you are confident leading and motivating a large team of artists with varying skills, specialties, and personalities
- You know your stuff. You have proven, expert level illustration and / or concept art skills, and have demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- A passion for games with a deep understanding of top grossing mobile gaming products
- Modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments and a solid grasp of form, colour, and light in 3D environments (Zbrush, Mudbox, Maya 3DS Max)
- Competitive salaries & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including general time off policies.
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot catered lunches. Viking can't work on an empty stomach!
- Free in-studio registered massage therapy. Viking muscles need love too.
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, and a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.