A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources. Our ideal candidate will lead both hands-on and strategic HR initiatives to define and cultivate our culture as we continue to grow and scale. This role will partner with the Director- Talent Acquisition to lead the implementation of a people strategy for BVG in line with its mission, values, and culture. This position is based out of either our London, ON or Toronto, ON studios.
- Develop organizational strategies by researching and analyzing human resources trends and issues; contributing information and providing recommendations to fuel strategic thinking and company direction
- Manage and lead Human Resources Operations through selecting, onboarding, training, coaching and counseling the team
- Provide expertise in development, execution, planning, and facilitation of employee engagement programs to drive culture through BVG and to create an environment that encourages open feedback and employee growth
- Guide management and employee actions through the development, writing and updating of corporate policies and procedures, including the review of existing policies and recommending changes where necessary. Ensure that policies and procedures are consistently followed
- Support management by providing data-driven human resources advice, counsel, and decisions, particularly in the areas of succession planning, employee training and development, employee relations, performance management, and workforce planning
- Develop and oversee BVG’s Health and Safety compliance, working with the health and safety teams to ensure deployment of Health and Safety standards at all locations
- Create, manage and implement compensation structure including market analysis and annual compensation reviews
- Develop BVG’s benefits strategies in coordination with a third-party broker, including renewals, education, enrollment and the change process
- Leads the analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture
- Develop and implement a performance planning & review process which includes all requisite training & development, performance coaching, and career development; and in partnership with leaders, ensure it drives the achievement of business goals through objectives
- 7+ years HR experience in a high growth environment (preferably in a gaming or high-tech organization)
- 5+ years experience as an HR Manager
- University Degree or equivalent experience, CHRP designation a strong asset
- A proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial leadership style
- Strong focus on innovation alongside a solid understanding of the business
- Knowledge of HR legislation and applications along with demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Ability to tolerate a high degree of ambiguity, able to work in highly dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to analyse trends and propose recommendations
- Competitive salaries, RRSP matching program, strong career progression culture
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks, and beverages, along with breakfast and daily lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Many other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events, and get-togethers
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.