A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Reporting to the Senior Producer on our Ventures Division (Mobile/Instant Games), we are searching for an Art Director to join our Toronto, ON studio.
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction within the Ventures team (Mobile/Instant Games)
- Mentor and inspire a team of artists to achieve their best work
- Direct multiple art disciplines to achieve incredible results
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others
- Work closely with our top of the line Product Managers and Game Designers to ensure the art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- 3+ years of experience as an Art Director or 5+ years as an art Lead, with a proven track record of shipping AAA/ mobile products in a Director level role
- 5+ years of experience in crafting video game art as or 3D feature film animation concept/production art
- A natural leader, you are confident leading and motivating a large team of artists with varying skills, specialties, and personalities
- Expert level illustration and/or concept art skills, and have demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Spine, Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Experienced in UI design for mobile games and platforms
- Knowledge of UX design for mobile game features and platforms
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Management and mentorship of Artists, UI and UX designers.
- Able to work with vendors and set up vendor pipeline.
- Modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments and a solid grasp of form, colour, and light in 3D environments (Zbrush, Mudbox, Maya 3DS Max)
- Experience building art teams and processes
- Experience working on game ideation and concepts for pitches
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life/disability benefits
- Competitive salaries including generous time off policies and our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Stocked kitchen, breakfast & hot catered lunches daily! Viking can't work on an empty stomach
- Free in-studio registered massage therapy. Viking muscles need love too.
- Lots of other great perks!
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, and a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.