A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are searching for a proactive and creative Product Manager to join either our YoWorld or FishWorld teams to leverage data, competitive insights and best practices in order to help grow the games’ brand and user base. This position is available in either our London or Toronto, Ontario studios.
- Analyze and identify best practices for product optimization and feature implementation with the goal of increasing retention, revenue and player happiness;
- Make recommendations on improvements based on your analysis of user’s feedback, behaviour and market acceptance;
- Create and discover new levers, channels and strategies, and leverage existing channels to grow the World’s user base on desktop and mobile as a close second;
- Work with cross functional teams to develop and execute marketing plans through all phases of product development;
- Assist Product Marketing by identifying game target audience, positioning, values and selling points. Collaboratively define the marketing strategy to create brand awareness, generating traffic and installations;
- Drive user and competitive research to uncover user segments; identify player needs and product value propositions for the various audience cohorts;
- Track, analyze, and summarize monetization and retention;
- Prioritize bug fixes and user experience improvements, following up on game updates schedule with Production Team;
- Work with SMEs to improve user experience, engagement, socialization and retention by owning game development stage;
- Coordinate game milestones, requirements and priorities with the Producer.
- 5 years in a Product Management role, preference given to those within the free-to-play market;
- Previous experience with desktop titles, however mobile experience considered an asset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Creative spirit capable of creating innovative programs that are result oriented;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with a wide range of functions (developers, artists, game designers, analysts, etc.)
- Talented communicator, with an excellent grasp of the English language;
- Understanding of full product lifecycle from concept to pre-production to live operation is necessary;
- Experience creating documentation and briefs for features.
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies;
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.