A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re searching for a highly motivated, creative and strategic Head of Product for either our Toronto, ON or London, ON studio to oversee our full range of titles and divisions. With a track record of success in product management, you will manage and inspire teams to excel while ensuring quality standards are met. Working alongside our data analysts, game designers and marketing, you’ll set priorities and action plans that are measurable and inspirational. If this describes you, drop us a line.
- Responsible for the full product / game lifecycle and financial performance from writing specifications, working across multi-disciplinary teams: design, art, and engineering to launch core features within our existing games and those in development
- Demonstrate sound product judgement, ability to define product strategy and present clear and measurable objectives that will drive achievement of business goals
- Lead the career management and mentorship of team while acting acting as a pillar of studio leadership
- Establish, communicate and demonstrate explicit progress towards game product pillars and KPI goals while supporting analytics and features
- Marry quantitative and qualitative data to define roadmaps in conjunction with team leads
- 10+ years in product management in consumer web or F2P mobile/social dev, ideally also success with live ops game management experience
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with a proven track record of success
- Proven experience in creating new concepts as well as expanding upon existing products for organic growth through creative use of existing and new platform channels
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Passion for games and creating fun, compelling user experiences
- Hyper aware of industry competitive landscape and product strategies, with ability to focus, prioritize and drive success
- Customer centric, with an understanding of / curiosity about why players play, and what we should produce to fulfill them
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, and to be resourceful in getting things done
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience in the fast growth, scaled startup environment a strong plus
- Broad experience at top-tier consulting, banking, early stage startups or online product management experience
- BA / BS Degree in CS and/or other engineering degree, MBA is a plus
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.